My family sometimes travels to beaches that are off the beaten path and not near local hospitals. There are no lifeguards on-duty. It never occurred to me to pack these necessities in my beach bag until I encountered a teenage boy get stung by an unknown animal while surfing. He laid on the beach in agonizing pain as the pain traveled through his spine and down his legs. His mother desperately panicked and asked everyone on the beach for Benadryl. No one had Benadryl and the closest hospital was over thirty minutes away. In times like these, you wish you were better prepared.
In Cabo, periodically we have encountered stings by "blue bottle jellyfish". Leave the water immediately if you encounter these because they travel in colonies. Beware NOT to pour vinegar on these types of stings. Avoid rubbing the skin with a towel or wet sand. Immersing the sting in hot water for 20 minutes is best recommended. If you are on a beach where there are lifeguards, they will usually display a white flag if there are dangerous sea life present. It is not recommended to swim if there is a white flag.
On Facebook at www.facebook.com/thecabolife
On Instagram at www.instagram.com/thecabolife#
On Twitter at www.twitter.com/thecabolife